Try Body Brushing For A Summer-Body Treat
- Posted on: Jun 30 2016
Here are 6 ways body brushing can benefit your overall health:
- The act of body brushing has been described as meditative. It reduces muscle tension, calms your mind, and relieves stress.
- Your skin supports detoxification. But if your skin is overrun with toxins or dead skin cells, it is not able to efficiently eliminate wastes from your body. This is where body brushing comes in. It not only brushes off dead skin cells but also activates waste removal and releases toxins by stimulating your lymphatic system.
- Body brushing may also help support your digestion and organ function.
- Body brushing removes dead dry skin, clears clogged pores and allows your skin to breathe.
- Your skin is complex. It is made up of nerves, glands and cells that, when healthy, serve as buffers that protect your body from extreme temperatures and chemicals. Your skin also produces antibacterial substances to protect you from infection. Body brushing increases circulation to your skin and increases blood flow which encourages the elimination of metabolic waste.
- Body brushing may help soften hard fat deposits below your skin while distributing fat deposits more evenly. This may help to diminish the appearance of cellulite.
The best time to brush your body is in the morning before you shower. First, you will need a proper brush; look for firm, natural bristles and a long handle for best results. Begin brushing at your feet and work up your legs, using long, upward strokes. Move up your back and across your chest. Finish by brushing your arms toward your armpits.
We offer many treatments designed to enhance your body and keep your skin youthful. If you would like to know more about any of the services and treatments we offer, call for a consultation appointment, today: (301) 249-0970.
Posted in: Body Sculpting