Rosacea – The 411
- Posted on: Dec 15 2016
Are you one of 16 million Americans suffering from Rosacea? If so, most likely your feelings about it are not especially “rosy.”
- A survey by the National Rosacea Society found that over 90% of Rosacea patients said their condition had lowered their self-esteem and self-confidence; 40% said they avoided public contact; 88% said it affected their personal and professional interactions; 51% said they had missed work due to their rosacea symptoms and 95% knew little or nothing about its signs and symptoms prior to their diagnosis.
- Rosacea is a common condition, but it is poorly understood. It is becoming increasingly widespread among baby-boomers and is more common in women between the ages of 30 and 60.
- Sadly, because of its red-faced, acne-like effects on personal appearance, Rosacea can cause significant psychological, social and occupational problems if left untreated.
What’s the cause of Rosacea?
The exact cause of Rosacea is unknown but a range of possible causes includes defects in the immune system, nervous system or facial blood vessels, and the presence of microbes or Demodex Mites. Evidence also suggests that susceptibility to it may be inherited. There is no cure for Rosacea, but medical help is available which can control its signs and symptoms.
What are the symptoms of Rosacea?
Make an appointment with our office for a diagnosis and appropriate treatment before these signs and symptoms become severe:
- Redness or flushing on the nose, cheeks, forehead or chin
- Small blood vessels which are visible on the face (telangiectasia)
- Pimples or bumps on the face
- Watery, irritated eyes
Many patients in the Glenn Dale area seek treatment for Rosacea from Dr. Callender. There is little or no downtime involved with the treatments and results are amazing.
If you are suffering from Rosacea, this is the perfect time to call for a consultation appointment: (301) 249-0970.
Posted in: Rosacea