Injectable dermal fillers for youthful skin
- Posted on: Mar 30 2020
As we age, our skin naturally starts to lose collagen and elastin, specifically after around the age of 30. At this point, the skin becomes more relaxed and less firm, allowing for the formation of fine lines and wrinkles on the facial area. While in the past, plastic surgery was the only option for tightening the skin and reducing wrinkles and lines, today we have a variety of noninvasive solutions available, including dermal fillers.
What is a dermal filler?
Dr. Valerie Callender describes dermal fillers as injectables that are used to target fine lines and wrinkles and provide volume to improve the overall appearance. Most dermal fillers are formulated with hyaluronic acid, which attracts water molecules in the skin and provides instant results. Others work a little differently with other ingredients that may instead stimulate collagen production for long-term improvements. The type of dermal filler right for a patient depends on their unique needs. Below is a small list of the dermal fillers used at Callender Dermatology and Cosmetic Center in Glenn Dale, MD:
• Juvéderm – Juvéderm has a line of products that utilize hyaluronic acid but can be used on areas other than the face. They include Juvéderm Ultra XC and Juvéderm Volbella XC.
• Restylane – Restylane is another well-known line of dermal fillers that can even be used to add volume and a plump appearance to the lips. Common injectables in this family of products include Restylane Lift, Restylane Silk, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne.
• Radiesse – Radiesse is a volumizing filler that can be used to replace volume loss by stimulating the skin’s own collagen production for longer-lasting results.
• Bellafill – Bellafill is a collagen stimulator that can restore youth and lost volume for longer than any other product, often up to approximately five years after the initial treatment.
• Sculptra – Sculptra also works as Bellafill does, but uses poly-L-lactic acid that can restore volume for a few years with routine injections.
Enhance your natural appearance today!
Turn back the hands of time without plastic surgery, and work with our team to discuss the best injectable solutions for your concerns. Dr. Valerie Callender and her team at Callender Dermatology and Cosmetic Center boast the ability to restore youthfulness with a wide selection of cosmetic treatments. Call (301) 249-0970 and visit the office at 12200 Annapolis Road, Suite #315 to get started in speaking with a professional about reversing fine lines and wrinkles.
Posted in: Dermal Fillers