Hair, Hair Everywhere…
- Posted on: Dec 15 2015
There’s nothing like the confident feeling of soft, smooth legs…regardless of the season or weather. But shaving is so quotidian and waxing hurts. Hairy legs are just one issue. Getting rid of body hair that shows up exactly where you don’t want is another hairy topic entirely.
It’s true: There are many options for hair removal but none are as efficient as laser hair removal. Laser technology is a comfortable and speedy treatment for every skin type. Laser hair removal is also one of the most popular aesthetic procedures we offer at Callender Cosmetic Center.
It gently, quickly, safely and effectively reduces unwanted facial and body hair; it is non-invasive and convenient. Although the results of laser hair removal may not be permanent, they are longer than the results of other hair removal methods.
Laser hair removal uses a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates the skin to destroy the hair root, inhibiting future hair growth in the treated follicles.
There are several different types of lasers that can be used for hair removal, including:
Alexandrite, Diode and light-based sources. Dr. Callender will decide which laser is best for your skin to provide you with optimum results.
- The laser precisely and selectively targets dark, coarse hair while leaving surrounding skin undamaged.
- Laser treatments leave your skin smoother than shaving, waxing or electrolysis.
- Each pulse of the laser takes just a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at a time.
- Lasers treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second.
- The bikini line or upper lip can be treated in less than a minute.
- Larger areas may take up to an hour.
- Most patients have permanent hair loss after three to seven treatments.
If excess facial or body hair makes you feel self-conscious; if you wear clothing designed to cover unwanted hair; if your best efforts at DIY hair removal leave you with bumpy, ingrown hairs; if your razor is the one bathroom accessory you can’t live without…you would be a perfect candidate for laser hair removal.
Don’t wait. Call for an appointment, today: (301) 249-0970.
Posted in: Laser Hair Removal