Did You (Regretfully) Tattoo?
- Posted on: Feb 28 2016
Those were the days, right? When you tattooed the name of your current squeeze on your body as an emblem of true love…or the lure of the “siren of body art” enticed you into getting a tat with your friends on a weekend vacation. Whether you are a man or a woman, and regardless of the reason, tattoo regret can be easily remedied in our office using the the latest advancement in laser tattoo removal.
What to expect:
- Although traditional removal methods such as dermabrasion or excision are still used, laser tattoo removal is an advanced treatment which is designed to remove tattoos, without leaving scars or un-pigmented areas of skin behind. It is also the most common and effective way to remove tattoos with minimal risks.
- During laser tattoo removal, high energy light is used to break up the tattoo ink into tiny particles. These particles are then gradually absorbed by the skin.
- Each laser tattoo removal session lasts only a few minutes.
- The darker the ink, the easier it is for the laser to target the ink.
- Your skin type and color are also factors determining which tattoo colors can be effectively treated. For example, the darker the skin, the more challenging it becomes when treating lighter colors.
- Some tattoos may be more difficult to remove than others, depending on the type of ink used and the depth of the tattoo. These factors also help determine how many treatments will be necessary.
- If your tattoo is simple, you may be rid of it within four treatment sessions. More complicated tattoos may require ten or more sessions.
- Laser tattoo removal may cause slight discomfort in some patients; a local anesthetic can be administered if necessary. We recommend that you take acetaminophen a few hours before your procedure.
- Following laser tattoo removal treatment, minor side effects such as red or tender skin may occur, depending on the patient and the tattoo. However, these tend to diminish within three to seven days.
- Most of our patients achieve successful results from laser tattoo removal and experience no side effects.
We look forward to speaking with you about this amazing procedure.
Call for an appointment, today: (301) 249-0970.
Posted in: Tattoo Removal